The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2017.05 snapshot of the Linaro GCC 7 source package.
The GCC 7 series introduced an ABI change for ARM targets by fixing a bug (present since GCC 5, see link below) that affects conformance to the procedure call standard (AAPCS). The bug affects some C++ code where class objects are passed by value to functions and could result in incorrect or inconsistent code being generated. If the option -Wpsabi is enabled (on by default) the compiler will emit a diagnostic note for code that might be affected by this ABI change.
For an explanation of the changes please see the following website:
This monthly snapshot1 is based on FSF GCC 7.1+svn247824 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes backported from mainline GCC. The contents of this snapshot will be used for the first stable2 quarterly release in the GCC 7 series.
Interesting changes in this GCC source package snapshot include:f
- Updates to GCC 7.1+svn247824
- Backport of [AArch32] Allow combination of aprofile and rmprofile multilibs
- Backport of [AArch32] Define TM_MULTILIB_CONFIG for ARM multilib
- Backport of [AArch32] Rename FPSCR builtins to correct names
- Backport of [AArch32] Set mode for success result of atomic compare and swap
- Backport of [AArch64] Enable AUTOPREFETCHER_WEAK with -mcpu=generic
- Backport of [AArch64] Improve address cost for -mcpu=generic
- Backport of [AArch64] Update alignment for -mcpu=generic
- Backport of [Testsuite] Require c99_runtime for pr78622.c
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in bugzilla against GCC product:http://bugs.linaro.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GCC
- Interested in commercial support? inquire at Linaro support
1 Source package snapshots are defined when the compiler is only put through unit-testing and full validation is not performed.
2 Stable source package releases are defined as releases where the full Linaro Toolchain validation plan is executed.