The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2016.02 snapshot of the Linaro GCC 5 source package.
This monthly snapshot1 is based on FSF GCC 5.3+svn233233 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes backported from mainline GCC. This snapshot contents will be part of the 2016.05 stable  quarterly release.
Interesting changes in this GCC source package snapshot include:
- Updates to GCC 5.3+svn233233
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch32] PR target/69135: Mark ARMv8 vcvt instructions as unconditional
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch32] PR target/69187 PR target/65624
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch32] PR target/69403: Bug in thumb2_ior_scc_strict_it pattern
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch64] PR rtl-optimization/68796: Add patterns for QImode and HImode comparison with zero
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch64] PR target/69176
- Backport of [Bugfix] PR target/69175
- Backport of [Bugfix] PR tree-optimization/67781
- Backport of [AArch32] Remove neon_reinterpret, use casts
- Backport of [AArch32] [RTEMS] Add Cortex-M7 multilib for FPU support
- Backport of [AArch64] Avoid emitting zero immediate as zero register
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix jit crash on aarch64
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix -mcpu/arch=native support for LSE
- Backport of [AArch64] Handle compare of zero_extract form of TST-immediate in rtx costs
- Backport of [AArch64] Handle CSEL of zero_extended operands in rtx costs
- Backport of [AArch64] Properly reject invalid attribute strings
- Backport of [AArch64] Remove TODO (redundant type conversions) in arm_neon.h
- Backport of [Testsuite] [AArch32] Fix gcc.c-torture/execute/loop-2b.c execution failure on cortex-m0
- Backport of [Testsuite] [AArch32] Fix g++.dg/pr67989.C test failure when running with -march or -mcpu
- Backport of [Doc] Remove outdated text from lto.texi
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in bugzilla against GCC product:http://bugs.linaro.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GCC
- Interested in commercial support? inquire at Linaro support
1 Stable source package releases are defined as releases where the full Linaro Toolchain validation plan is executed.
2 Source package snapshots are defined when the compiler is only put through unit-testing and full validation is not performed.