The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2017.01-rc1 stable Release-Candidate of the Linaro GCC 5 source package.
This stable1 Release-Candidate is based on FSF GCC 5.4.1+svn243604 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes backported from mainline GCC. This Release-Candidate is based on Linaro Snapshot GCC 5.4-2016.12.
Changes in this stable GCC source package Release-Candidate include:
- Updates merged from FSF GCC 5.4.1+svn243604
- Backport of [bug #1925] [AArch32] PR target/69442 wrong code with -Og and 64bit modulo on armv7a
- Backport of [bug #2185] [AArch64] PR target/69245 Set TREE_TARGET_GLOBALS in aarch64_set_current_function when new tree is the default node to recalculate optab availability
- Backport of [bug #2185] [AArch64] PR target/70002: Make aarch64_set_current_function play nice with pragma resetting
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch32] PR target/70711 Fix big-endian ARMv8.1-A builds
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch64] PR target/7044
- Backport of [AArch32] Reduce size of arm1020e automaton
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix thinko in handling of -momit-leaf-frame-pointer option
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix SIMD predicate
- Backport of [Testsuite] [AArch32] testcase memset-inline-10.c uses -mfloat-abi=hard but does not check whether target supports it
- Backport of [Testsuite] gcc-dg: handle all return values when shouldfail is set
- Backport of [Testsuite] [AArch32] Tests for arm_restrict_it patterns in thumb2.md
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in Linaro’s bugzilla: http://bugs.linaro.org
- Questions? ask Linaro
- For Linaro member support see http://support.linaro.org
1 Linaro ‘stable’ source archive releases are Linaro packaged versions of the latest FSF GCC release. The Linaro ‘maintenance’ source archive releases are Linaro packaged versions of the previous year’s FSF GCC release.