The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2017.03 snapshot of the Linaro GCC 6 source package.
This monthly snapshot1 is based on FSF GCC 6.3+svn246148 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes backported from mainline GCC. This snapshot contents will be part of the 2017.05 stable2 quarterly release.
Interesting changes in this GCC source package snapshot include:
- Updates to GCC 6.3+svn246148
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch64] PR target/71112 ICE with -fpie on aarch64 ILP32 big-endian
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch64] PR target/71727 -O3 -mstrict-align produces code which assumes unaligned vector accesses work
- Backport of [Bugfix] [AArch64] PR target/78382 ICE when compiling on aarch64 in ILP32 mode with traditional thread local storage and pic
- Backport of [AArch32] Add vfpv2 and neon-vfpv3
- Backport of [AArch32] Fix assembly comment syntax in -mprint-tune-info
- Backport of [AArch64] Add commandline support for -march=armv8.3-a
- Backport of [AArch64] Expand DImode constant stores to two SImode stores when profitable
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix aarch64 PGO bootstrap
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix exception handling for ILP32 aarch64
- Backport of [AArch64] Have the verbose cost model output output be controllable
- Backport of [AArch64] Implement popcount pattern
- Backport of [AArch64] Optimized implementation of search_line_fast for the CPP lexer
- Backport of [AArch64] Use new target pass registration framework for FMA steering pass
- Backport of [Testsuite] [AArch32] Add Cortex-A15 tuning to gcc.dg/uninit-pred-8_a.c
- Backport of [Testsuite] [AArch32] Skip optional_mthumb tests if GCC has a default mode
- Backport of [Testsuite] [AArch32] Updating testcase unsigned-extend-2.c
- Backport of [Testsuite] [AArch64] Fix gcc.dg/torture/float32-builtin.c with RTL checking
- Backport of [Testsuite] [AArch64] PR middle-end/78142 more registers to be used for on gcc.target/aarch64/vector_initialization_nostack.c
- Backport of [Cleanup] [AArch32] Define arm_arch_core_flags in a single file
- Backport of [Cleanup] [AArch32] Remove unimplemented option -macps-float
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in bugzilla against GCC product:http://bugs.linaro.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GCC
- Interested in commercial support? inquire at Linaro support
1Source package snapshots are defined when the compiler is only put through unit-testing and full validation is not performed.
2Stable source package releases are defined as releases where the full Linaro Toolchain validation plan is executed.