The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2017.05-rc1 stable Release-Candidate of the Linaro GCC 7 source package.
The GCC 7 series introduced an ABI change for ARM targets by fixing a bug (present since GCC 5, see link below) that affects conformance to the procedure call standard (AAPCS). The bug affects some C++ code where class objects are passed by value to functions and could result in incorrect or inconsistent code being generated. If the option -Wpsabi is enabled (on by default) the compiler will emit a diagnostic note for code that might be affected by this ABI change.
For an explanation of the changes please see the following website:
This stable1 Release-Candidate is based on FSF GCC 7.1.1+svn247824 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes backported from mainline GCC. This Release-Candidate is based on Linaro Snapshot GCC 7.1-2017.05.
Changes in this stable GCC source package Release-Candidate include:
- Updates merged from FSF GCC 7.1.1+svn247824
- Backport of [AArch32] Allow combination of aprofile and rmprofile multilibs
- Backport of [AArch32] Define TM_MULTILIB_CONFIG for ARM multilib
- Backport of [AArch32] Rename FPSCR builtins to correct names
- Backport of [AArch32] Set mode for success result of atomic compare and swap
- Backport of [AArch64] Enable AUTOPREFETCHER_WEAK with -mcpu=generic
- Backport of [AArch64] Improve address cost for -mcpu=generic
- Backport of [AArch64] Update alignment for -mcpu=generic
- Backport of Support combining of LSHIFTRT + LSHIFTRT operations
- Backport of [Testsuite] Require c99_runtime for pr78622.c
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in Linaro’s bugzilla: http://bugs.linaro.org
- Questions? ask Linaro
- For Linaro member support see http://support.linaro.org
1Linaro 'stable’ source archive releases are Linaro packaged versions of the latest FSF GCC release. The Linaro 'maintenance’ source archive releases are Linaro packaged versions of the previous year’s FSF GCC release.