The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2018.03 snapshot of the Linaro GCC 7 source package.
The GCC 7 series introduced an ABI change for ARM targets by fixing a bug (present since GCC 5, see link below) that affects conformance to the procedure call standard (AAPCS). The bug affects some C++ code where class objects are passed by value to functions and could result in incorrect or inconsistent code being generated. If the option -Wpsabi is enabled (on by default) the compiler will emit a diagnostic note for code that might be affected by this ABI change.
For an explanation of the changes please see the following website:
This monthly snapshot1 is based on FSF GCC 7.3+svn259627 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes backported from mainline GCC. The contents of this snapshot will be part of the 2018.04 stable2 quarterly release.
Interesting changes in this GCC source package snapshot include:
- Updates to GCC 7.3+svn259627
- Backport from trunk – Neon Dot Product support.
- update to newlib-2_5_0, which brings semihosting v2
- fix for broken gdbserver
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in bugzilla against GCC product:http://bugs.linaro.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GCC
- Interested in commercial support? inquire at Linaro support
1 Source package snapshots are defined when the compiler is only put through unit-testing and full validation is not performed.
2 Stable source package releases are defined as releases where the full Linaro Toolchain validation plan is executed.